Chessgod101
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Chessgod101

This is a forums for discussion of chess.

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Chess calculation and moves choosing

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Wadea2020

Chess calculation and moves choosing Empty
PostSubject: Chess calculation and moves choosing   Chess calculation and moves choosing EmptyMon Mar 20, 2023 9:01 am

Hello all,
Once there were a book posted here , unfortunately i dont remember the author nor the title , but the book was about calculation and how to choose candidate moves ,the Author explain that why amateur chess players can not find the correct move during a game even if they have solved many puzzles. Also he insist that the reader should read his book more than once to get the benefit. The book is quit new.l used to have this book on my previusev phone but I lost it and can not remember the title or the author. Could any one help please .

Ghppn likes this post

Back to top Go down
kaeiou

PostSubject: Re: Chess calculation and moves choosing   Chess calculation and moves choosing EmptyMon Mar 20, 2023 12:36 pm

This forum seems to be dead...
Anyone know about the realtop immortal chess or any sucesor?
thanks

Ghppn and kaeiou like this post

Back to top Go down
IrishMaster2

PostSubject: Re: Chess calculation and moves choosing   Chess calculation and moves choosing EmptyMon Mar 20, 2023 12:39 pm

Wadea2020 wrote:
Hello all,
Once there were a book posted here , unfortunately i dont remember the author nor the title , but the book was about calculation and how to choose candidate moves ,the Author explain that why amateur chess players can not find the correct move during a game even if they have solved many puzzles. Also he insist that  the reader should read his book more than once to get the benefit. The book is quit new.l used to have this book on my previusev phone but I lost it and can not remember the title or the author. Could any one help please .

Not a lot to go on !! How "new" ? Author dead / alive / English / Russian / other ? layout of book / was there an ebook ?

Ghppn likes this post

Back to top Go down
Wadea2020

PostSubject: Re: Chess calculation and moves choosing   Chess calculation and moves choosing EmptyMon Mar 20, 2023 1:37 pm

Thanks for reply , the book was a pdf one ,english but i can not remember the exact date of publishing.
When I downloaded it there was no cover bur there is an author name ,grandmaster As I remembered.

Ghppn likes this post

Back to top Go down
IrishMaster2

PostSubject: Re: Chess calculation and moves choosing   Chess calculation and moves choosing EmptyMon Mar 20, 2023 3:04 pm

Was it "Forcing Chess Moves The Key to Better Calculation (Hertan Charles 385p 2008)" ?

Ghppn likes this post

Back to top Go down
Wadea2020

PostSubject: Re: Chess calculation and moves choosing   Chess calculation and moves choosing EmptyMon Mar 20, 2023 4:17 pm

Thanks IrishMaster2 for your efforts, but itwas not that book, I remember that tha author write about the process of choosing candidate moves then after each move calculate every possible move for the opponent , and if the player did not find agood move ,he then choose a move that does not degrade the position. Iwill keep searching ,thanks guys

Ghppn likes this post

Back to top Go down
Wadea2020

PostSubject: Re: Chess calculation and moves choosing   Chess calculation and moves choosing EmptyMon Mar 20, 2023 4:18 pm

Thanks IrishMaster2 for your efforts, but itwas not that book, I remember that tha author write about the process of choosing candidate moves then after each move calculate every possible move for the opponent , and if the player did not find  agood move ,he then choose a move that does not degrade the position. Iwill keep searching ,thanks guys

Ghppn likes this post

Back to top Go down
kaeiou

PostSubject: Re: Chess calculation and moves choosing   Chess calculation and moves choosing EmptyMon Mar 20, 2023 4:57 pm

Wadea2020 wrote:
Thanks IrishMaster2 for your efforts, but itwas not that book, I remember that tha author write about the process of choosing candidate moves then after each move calculate every possible move for the opponent , and if the player did not find  agood move ,he then choose a move that does not degrade the position. Iwill keep searching ,thanks guys

Candidates is a very common issue. Jacob Aagaard has written several books, Grandmaster Preparation: Calculation and Excelling at Chess Calculation.
it could be any of them?

Ghppn likes this post

Back to top Go down
IrishMaster2

PostSubject: Re: Chess calculation and moves choosing   Chess calculation and moves choosing EmptyMon Mar 20, 2023 6:16 pm

Or was it one of the first on the topic :- "Kotov, Alexander - Think Like a Grandmaster" ?

Ghppn likes this post

Back to top Go down
Wadea2020

PostSubject: Re: Chess calculation and moves choosing   Chess calculation and moves choosing EmptyTue Mar 21, 2023 5:50 pm

Thanks guys for the help . I found the book !. It is chess tactics training caculate till mate by Smirnov Igor

Ghppn and IrishMaster2 like this post

Back to top Go down
Wadea2020

PostSubject: Re: Chess calculation and moves choosing   Chess calculation and moves choosing EmptyTue Mar 21, 2023 6:02 pm

It was a part of video lessons ,thats way it was difficult to find I think

Ghppn likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chess calculation and moves choosing   Chess calculation and moves choosing Empty

Back to top Go down

Chess calculation and moves choosing
Page 1 of 1